The Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) went in recovery mode on Tuesday with the benchmark KSE-100 Index gaining 120 points to close at 45,802 points.
The index opened lower and touched the day’s low of 45,485 before climbing back up to touch the day’s high of 45,882.
In all, 147.5 million shares worth Rs7.6 billion were traded at the exchange. Of the 359 traded scrips, 178 advanced, 160 declined and 21 remained unchanged.
The chemical sector dominated trading with 25.9m shares traded while cement sector followed with 19.2m shares traded.
Volumes were led by:
- Engro Polymer and Chemicals Ltd: 12.9m shares traded [+2.71pc];
- Unity Foods Limited: 10.6m shares traded [-0.64pc];
- Lotte Chemical Pakistan Ltd: 8.5m shares traded [+1.47pc];
- Fauji Cement Co Ltd: 7.8m shares traded [+2.72pc];
- Shabbir Tiles and Ceramics: 7.5m shares traded [+2.90pc].