Saman is a working lady and spends most of her holidays cooking different types of food. She is a professional blog writer, researcher and graphics designer. However, cooking is her passion and she loves to share her recipes with people.
Bone less chicken ½ kg
Macaroni Packet 1
Yogurt ½ cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Onion (chopped) 1 cup
Tomato Paste 1 cup
Red Chili Powder 1 tsp
Red chili flakes 1 tsp
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Grounded Coriander 1 tsp
Grounded cumin seeds 1 tsp
Orange food color ¼ tsp
Vinegar 4 tbsp
Black Pepper Powder 1 tsp
Chinese Salt ½ tsp
Oil as Required
- Now take a deep cooking vessel and boil macaronis till they become soft.
- You can also add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil while boiling macaronis.
- Now drain the hot water and rinse the macaronis with tap water, add some olive oil (optional) and keep them aside.
PREPARING CHICKEN TIKKA:
- First of all, take bone less chicken and marinate it with red chili, red chili flakes, salt, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and orange food color. Keep it aside at least for an hour.
- Now take a wok and heat up 4 – 5 tbsp of oil in it.
- Add marinated chicken tikka and stir fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now add ½ cup of water and cook on medium low heat with covered lid at least for 5 minutes. Then again fry on high heat for a minute to dry access liquid. Chicken tikka is ready to add into the macaronis.
FINALIZING CHICKEN TIKKA MACARONI:
- Take a wok and heat up some oil (as required, normally 3-4 tbsp), add chopped onion and ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp, fry it for 2 – 3 minutes and then add prepared chicken tikka in it.
- Also add tomato paste, vinegar, Chinese salt and black pepper.
- Now add ½ cup of water and mix it well.
- Cook it on high flame while stirring for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add boiled macaronis and mix well.
- In the end, take a coal piece and burn it, put it on the macaronis on a piece of aluminum sheet and drizzle some oil over it.
- Cover the lid quickly so that smoke doesn’t come out. Smoke the chicken tikka macaronis for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Chicken tikka macaronis are ready to serve.