Rava is an online news portal providing recent news, editorials, opinions and advice on day to day happenings in Pakistan.
Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo “vehemently denies” the accusations filed in a lawsuit last month by Kathryn Mayorga, who says she was raped by the footballer in Las Vegas in 2009 , according to a statement presented to CNN Sports by his lawyer Peter Christiansen, this Wednesday.
In the statement, Christiansen says that “Mr. Ronaldo has always maintained, until today, what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was of a consensual nature.” The lawyer also assures that “the documents that allegedly contain statements by Mr. Ronaldo and that were reported in the media are forgeries.”
Christiansen says that, given the renewed accusations, Cristiano Ronaldo “feels obliged to stop remaining silent”.
On the alleged falsification of documents, the lawyer argues that “in 2015, dozens of entities [including law firms] from different industries throughout Europe were hacked and their electronic data was stolen and captured by a cybercriminal.” He assures that “a media outlet has now irresponsibly published the stolen documents, significant parts of which were altered and / or manufactured completely.”
The denunciation of Kathryn Mayorga
Days before, Kathryn Mayorga’s lawyers indicated that her client was encouraged to accuse Cristiano Ronaldo, inspired by the #MeToo movement, which claims the rights of women throughout the world.
According to attorney Larissa Drohobyczer, Mayorga showed signs of emotional distress, depression and even thought of suicide.
He also indicated that perhaps Kathryn Mayorga was not in her senses when she reached a confidentiality agreement to not divulge the aggression of Cristiano Ronaldo.
“His emotional condition was such that he could not reasonably participate in the negotiation for the court to nullify the agreement,” said lawyer Leslie Stovall.