On Wednesday, bulls continue to dominate the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) as the benchmark KSE-100 index lost 292 points to close at 45,196.
The index opened lower and continued on a downward trend, hitting the day’s low of 45,161 points towards the day’s close.
Trading remained dull and depressed as only 131.2 million shares worth Rs5.2 billion were traded at the exchange; 132 of the 377 traded scrips advanced, 223 declined and 22 remained unchanged.
Volumes were led by:
- Lotte Chemical Pakistan Ltd: 15.1m shares traded [+3.46pc];
- Bank of Punjab: 14.4m shares traded [-2.01pc];
- Bank Alfalah Ltd: 10.8m shares traded [+0.21pc];
- Unity Foods Limited: 8.6m shares traded [-4.23pc];
- Shabbir Tiles and Ceramics: 6.3m shares traded [+2.10pc].