Mutton with bones 1 kg
Cumin 1 tsp
Cinnamon 2 sticks
Green cardamom 4
Cloves 4 to 5
Onions 2 (finely chopped)
Black pepper 6
Tomato 1 (chopped)
Green chilies 5 to 6 (slit into two)
Mint leaves few
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Coconut powder 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil 1/4 cup
Potatoes 2 (cut into 8 pieces)
Turmeric 1 pinch
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Water as required
- Heat the pressure cooker and then add oil, cumin and whole spices.
- When they splutter, add slit green chilies and chopped onions, fry until light golden in color.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the washed mutton, salt, turmeric and tomatoes, fry till the oil separates.
- Add three cups of water and pressure cook for few minutes till the meat is half done.
- Now open the cooker carefully and add the potatoes, again give three whistles in pressure cooker.
- Open the cooker and add the coconut powder dissolved in water, cook till the stew is little thick.
- Leave it on low flame for a while and then put off the fire.
- Your mutton stew is ready. Dish out and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with boiled rice & namkeen lassi.