Rava is an online news portal providing recent news, editorials, opinions and advice on day to day happenings in Pakistan.
KARACHI: The family of 8-year-old Umer; a resident of Ahsanabad area in Karachi, whose arms were amputated after he was electrocuted Thursday night, are resolved to take legal action against K-Electric Limited for their negligence.
The minor was electrocuted after a loose wire fell on him. He was playing in the street on the third day of Eid-ul-Azha when the uncalled mishap took place.
Doctors said they had to amputate both his arms as they were badly burnt due to the electric shock.
Governor Sindh, Imran Ismail, took notice of the incident and summoned a report from the KE officials in this regard.
A KE spokesperson expressed profound grief over the incident and extended sympathy to the family. He said every possible effort would be made to assist the relatives.