A self-motivated & result oriented individual whose modus operandi is to weave elements of success together & forge ahead in all spheres of life.
On Tuesday, the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) landed in the green with the benchmark KSE-100 index gaining 164 points to close at 39,453 points.
The index, which had lost close to 1,000 points on Monday, opened lower today, bottoming out at 38,561 points before recovering.
In all, 167.8 million shares worth Rs8.0 billion were traded at the exchange. Of the 325 traded scrips, 137 advanced, 174 declined and 14 remained unchanged.
“Press conference from media wing of Pakistan armed forces in the second half regarding security plan for timely elections boosted investor’s confidence and brought recovery in the market,” a note from Elixir Securities said.
Volumes were led by:
- Fauji Cement Co Ltd: 15.2m shares traded [-0.61pc];
- Engro Polymer & Chemicals Ltd: 13.2m shares traded [-1.16pc];
- G. Khan Cement Co. Ltd: 10.1m shares traded [-2.16pc];
- Maple Leaf Cement Factory Ltd: 8.7m shares traded [-3.34pc];
- K-Electric Limited: 6.9m shares traded [-0.76pc].