Rava is an online news portal providing recent news, editorials, opinions and advice on day to day happenings in Pakistan.
Some 1,450 people were evacuated today from a nightclub and a hotel in central London following a gas leak in the Strand area, which forced the closure of a metro station, the Fire Brigade (LFB) reported.
This morning, firefighters evacuated the nightclub Heaven and a hotel when detecting the gas leak on Carven Street, in the Strand, an area near the Charing Cross station, which has been closed, the source said.
Strand, a major avenue in the center of the British capital, remains closed to traffic while the engineers of the National Grid company try to repair the damage.
“We are helping the Police on the Strand after the discovery of a broken gas pipe and high levels of natural gas have been detected in the atmosphere,” said a spokesman for LFB in London.
“As a precaution, some 1,450 people have been evacuated from a hotel and a nightclub,” he added. EFE