White Terrorist attacks Muslims in New Zealand, kills over 50 people: Detailed Report

White Terrorist attacks Muslims in New Zealand, kills over 50 people: Detailed Report

47 views

Parts of Christchurch, New Zealand, are on lockdown and armed police have been deployed after receiving reports of shots fired by a white terrorist at two mosques Friday afternoon.

New Zealand Commissioner Mike Bush says “there are multiple fatalities” at two mosques in Christchurch and Canterbury Area.

There is one person in custody and there are “multiple fatalities” caused by an “active shooter”, describing a serious and grave situation Bush adds that the police are “unsure if other locations outside of that area are under threat.”

Police have not confirmed deaths or injuries yet. This is a developing story.

The terrorist behind killing over 30 Muslims in New Zealand.

Attacker posted 87-page “anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim” manifesto

So far, police have arrested four people in connection with the attack on two Christchurch mosques — three men and one woman.

In a social media post just before the attack, an account that is believed to belong to one of the attackers posted a link to an 87-page manifesto that was filled with anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim ideas and explanations for an attack. The manifesto was not signed.

TVNZ journalist Anna Burns-Francis told CNN at least one of the shooters is believed to be an Australian national, while a witness from the scene described a man “white, aged in his 30s or 40s and wearing a uniform.”

CNN has not been able to independently confirm any information about any of the attackers at this stage.

 

The white terrorist who killed Muslims peacefully praying in the mosque posted about his plans on social media sites a day before.

 

Shooter believed to be an “Australian national”: TVNZ

TVNZ journalist Anna Burns-Francis told CNN at least one of the shooters is believed to be an Australian national.

The journalist said that emergency services from across New Zealand have been sent to Christchurch to assist in the growing emergency situation.

She said TVNZ has confirmed nine deaths already although there could be many more in the two attacks. Police have not given any official numbers as yet but said it is “significant.”

“This is a deeply unsettling, disturbing attack, we’ve never witnessed anything like this before in New Zealand,” she said.

CNN has been unable to verify the nationality of the gunmen or a possible death toll.

Witnesses describe gunman

Local resident Robert Weatherhead told CNN affiliate, NEWSTALK, that he took in people who escaped from the Masjid al Noor mosque on Deans Avenue.

He described the gunman as “white, aged in his 30s or 40s and wearing a uniform,” but he had not been able to ascertain what the uniform was.

Benjamin Jellie said he ran outside when he heard gunshots. Oakward Close is the Christchurch neighborhood where the Masjid al Noor mosque is located.

“I saw people jumping over the back fence of the mosque into Oakward Close. I heard at least 20 (gunshots).”
“I heard about eight at the start and then it went quiet for about 30 seconds or a minute and then it started again. I heard about eight more and then there was another minute and another eight.”
“Those coming over the fence, all adults and including at least three men, were screaming and crying.”

Mark Nichols, manager of Premium Tyres and Auto in Linwood, the location of the second mosque shooing, said a gunman ran past his shop.

“I seen a guy with a gun running up the road. He’s been firing about five shots, I think we heard.”

 

“It just doesn’t feel real”: Mother waits for word of her son

Rosemary Omar has been waiting for four hours close to one of the mosques for word of her son, 24-year-old Tariq.

Rosemary said she dropped her son off at the mosque then drove round the back to find a car parking space when she heard multiple gunshots ring out.

She drove back around the front of the mosque and saw “lots of bodies outside.”

“We’ve just been waiting here since just to see if our son is alright but he’s not answering his phone,” she said.

Rosemary said police have told her to wait for news of whether her son is alive or dead. “I just feel quite dead to be honest, quite numb. I don’t know,” she said.

“It just doesn’t feel real.”

Attacker posted 87-page “anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim” manifesto

So far, police have arrested four people in connection with the attack on two Christchurch mosques — three men and one woman.

In a social media post just before the attack, an account that is believed to belong to one of the attackers posted a link to an 87-page manifesto that was filled with anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim ideas and explanations for an attack. The manifesto was not signed.

TVNZ journalist Anna Burns-Francis told CNN at least one of the shooters is believed to be an Australian national, while a witness from the scene described a man “white, aged in his 30s or 40s and wearing a uniform.”

CNN has not been able to independently confirm any information about any of the attackers at this stage.

Lockdown on Christchurch schools is lifted

The strict lockdown on Christchurch’s school has been lifted, New Zealand police announced on their social media.

“We would like to reassure members of the public that there is a large police presence in the city and the safety of the community is our priority,” the statement said.

It follows the announcement that four people have been arrested over the attack on two mosques — three men and one woman.

There is no news yet on whether the lockdown on government buildings has been lifted.

About author

Rava Desk

Rava is an online news portal providing recent news, editorials, opinions and advice on day to day happenings in Pakistan.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *