Rava is an online news portal providing recent news, editorials, opinions and advice on day to day happenings in Pakistan.
Amid the third wave of the coronavirus pandemic, the Sindh government has reimposed restrictions, ordering all markets to close at 10pm and directing businesses to re-implement the 50% work-from-home policy.
A notification in this regard was issued by the Sindh Home Department in the afternoon. In addition to the measures mentioned above, the Sindh government also advised the closure of shrines, early closure of amusement parks and other strict measures to limit the spread of the pandemic.
According to new figures, 2,253 new positive cases were reported in the last 24 hours while 29 more succumbed to the virus. The death toll now stands at 13,537 and there are now 22,038 active cases of the pandemic.
“In pursuance of the directions of NCOC (NCOC), Government of Pakistan and in review of this department’s order of even number dated 01 03 2021, Government of Sindh in exercise of the powers under Section 3 (1) of Sindh Epidemic Diseases Act 2014 (The Sindh Act VIII of 2015) is pleased to re-direct as under with immediate elect and till 15th April, 2021 unless changed or amended earlier,” the notification read.
New directives are as follows:
- All commercial/business to have revised timings Markets. shopping malls, marriage halls, etc to open from 6:00am to 10:00pm (except essential services like medical stores. clinics, hospitals as well as petrol pumps, bakeries/milk shops, restaurants, etc).
- Amusement Parks to be closed by 06:00pm.
- Work from Home – 50% of the staff in all public/private sector offices told to return to work from home arrangements.
- No indoor marriages/weddings – as per earlier decisions, only outdoor event/marriages allowed with an upper limit of 300 persons till 10:00pm under defined SOPs.
- Restaurants – as per earlier decisions, no indoor dining allowed. Only outdoor dining and takeaway/home delivery services to continue.
- Closure of all indoor gatherings gathering places, indoor gyms to be closed. Indoor sports facilities, cinemas and theatres, shrines to also be closed.
- Outdoor gatherings allowed only in an open space with a maximum limit of 300 individuals under strict Covid-19 SOPs.
- Compulsory mask-wearing and social distancing at all government private offices and public places.
- Smart lockdowns (SLDs) as compulsory based on disease flashpoints as thought appropriate by respective Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners under the Sindh Epidemic Diseases Act, 2014.